VYPE’s private school boys basketball rankings are headlined by the same five teams from last week, but there was a shakeup in the second half of the top-1o. Check out the hot streak of The Woodlands Christian Academy, and who they jumped in the standings!
1. Concordia Lutheran (30-1): Don’t blink because the Crusaders are riding a 10-game win streak. (Previous: 1)
2. Houston Christian (21-4): The Mustangs own Shepherd Drive, after non-district wins against St. Pius and St. Thomas. (Previous: 2)
3. Episcopal (20-3): The Knights earned a big win against prep power Pro-Vision on Tuesday. (Previous: 3)
4. The Village School (16-1): The Vikings started district play with victories against Beaumont Kelly and St. Pius. (Previous: 4)
5. Second Baptist (20-6): The Eagles beat Westbury Christian for their second district win of the year. (Previous: 5)
6. The Woodlands Christian Academy (16-12): The Warriors join the rankings after an 8-2 stretch. (Previous: NR)
7. Huntsville Alpha Omega (22-2): The Lions have hit a rough patch, suffering their only two losses of the season in the last three games. (Previous: 6)
8. Strake Jesuit (15-9): The Crusaders are currently tied for fourth in UIL 19-6A, but are 1-3 in their last four games overall. (Previous: 7)
9. Lutheran High North (8-3): The Lions lost to a hot Woodlands Christian squad, and earned a win against Northland Christian. (Previous: 8)
10. Conroe Covenant Christian (16-3): The Cougars upset TAPPS 3A Frassati Catholic, and took care of Bryan St. Joseph.
St. John XXIII (13-6): The Lions’ loss against St. Thomas ended a six-game win streak. (Previous: 9)
Frassati Catholic (13-6): The Falcons have played a brutal three-game stretch: Conroe Covenant twice and Alpha Omega once. (Previous: 10)
Kinkaid (12-10), Providence Classical (19-6), Beren Academy (11-3), St. Pius X (12-11), Victoria St. Joseph (11-9)
Read more at VYPE.