With the boys basketball regular season wrapping up next week, Northwest Houston’s teams are in the middle of playoff races. None is more exciting than 17-6A’s, which has seven of its 10 teams still alive with two games to go. Check out the region’s rankings to see who controls their own destiny, and those that need some help.
1. Cypress Falls (27-3): The Eagles are two wins away from back-to-back undefeated district seasons. (Previous: 1)
2. Concordia Lutheran (38-1): The Crusaders improved to 11-0 in district play, after crushing Awty and St. John XXIII, and sneaking by St. Thomas. (Previous: 2)
3. Cypress Springs (21-9): The Panthers have won five straight, so they’re the area’s third hottest team. (Previous: 3)
4. Cypress Creek (21-9): The Cougars are still tied for second in 17-6A, after wins against Ridge and Lakes. (Previous: 4)
5. Cypress Ranch (17-11): The Mustangs are chasing 17-6A’s final playoff spot, after splitting with Jersey Village and Falls last week. (Previous: 5)
6. Cypress Woods (10-19): The Wildcats split the last two weeks, but still control their playoff destiny. (Previous: 8)
7. Cy-Fair (12-16): The Bobcats fell just short against Springs, but stayed in the playoff race with a dominant win against Woods. (Previous: 9)
8. Cypress Ridge (12-17): The Rams are still alive for the postseason, but their upset loss against Jersey Village didn’t help. (Previous: 6)
9. Tomball (12-19): The Cougars’ week against Magnolia West and Tomball Memorial helped them in their 20-5A playoff chase. (Previous: 10)
10. Oaks Adventist (8-5): The Tigers are headed to the TAPPS playoffs, after four wins in their final five games. (Previous: NR)
Fell out: Cypress Lakes (14-15): The Spartans were officially eliminated from the playoffs, when their slump turned into a 1-7 stretch. (Previous: 7)
Honorable mentions: Rosehill Christian, Tomball Memorial, Langham Creek, Cypress Christian, Jersey Village
Read more at VYPE.